Monday, April 21, 2014

Poll Everywhere

For this activity, I used the Poll Everywhere website and technology to create a poll. Poll Everywhere is another easy to use tool that allows users to create and share a poll with whomever they choose. A poll can even be left open to the public to record responses. The site also allows you to view your results in a bar graph-like chart and a table response. I shared this poll with my class using the copied link within an email, but you can also have people respond to polls via Twitter or text messages. 


Take my poll! Tell me where you'd rather be living by choosing an image. I chose to use pictures to incorporate what we learned with our PowerPoint assignments. Speaking of PowerPoint, it's extremely easy to create a live poll slide using PollEv.com.



This activity addresses ISTE-NETS Standard 2 and 3. It allows teachers to create digital forms of assessments for students. Students and teachers are also able to view the results immediately and evaluate responses. It shows digital age teaching and models technology for students. 



No comments:

Post a Comment