Friday, April 11, 2014

Jeopardy Labs

This week was one of the most valuable assignments yet. Especially with SOLs just around the corner, Jeopardy Labs is a wonderful tool for teachers to use in their classroom for review. The website provides a free service with templates to build a jeopardy game for whatever you need. The template could not be more simple to use, even for the technophobic. I chose to create a Math SOL review game for my classroom. I did not use the typical provide an answer and have the students ask the questions(with math it seemed too difficult). Check out my lab by clicking the link. Feel free to use it within your classroom or share with a coworker or anyone who wants a little math review! This tool is a classic
.

Using Jeopardy Labs allows me to to communicate my ideas effectively to students in an engaging format that also allows me to collaborate with peers in its creation or use in our classrooms (ISTE 3b,c). I constantly talk about my new learning with my students as well and I think this models lifelong learning (ISTE 5). I'd love to see my students create a Jeopardy lab to show their knowledge of a subject, maybe as an alternate assignment? (ISTE 2b)

No comments:

Post a Comment